Many a developer has been salivating, shorting out keyboards whilst waiting for the Windows Mobile 6.5 developer toolkit to arrive. The new phones are due out starting this month, sporting a slick gesture-friendly interface. The Windows Mobile Marketplace, Microsoft’s answer to the iPhone App Store, is coming within the next 60 days as well, opening an entirely new revenue stream for the millions of Microsoft developers out there.
NOTE: You must have the Windows Mobile 6 SDK. The 6.5 release is actually a “Developer Resource Toolkit", which extends the 6.0 SDK to support the new features.
Ready to get started with Windows Mobile 6.5 development now? Here are the download and info links:
- Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK for Windows Mobile Professional and Classic
- Windows Mobile 6.5 DTK for Windows Mobile Professional and Classic
- Article on Creating Widgets for Windows Mobile 6.5
- Windows Mobile Developer Web Site
- Windows Mobile Marketplace Info Site
- Windows Mobile Marketplace Official Discussion Group
- Windows Mobile Team Blog
- Windows Mobile Team on Twitter